Thursday, May 17, 2007

What the Heck is Today's Date?

I've lost track of so much time while I've been here. Is Jerry Falwell President or one of the 16 other candidates I saw lined up on one of those pre-pre-pre-pre-pre-pre Presidential Election Candidate forums the guy? I like how one guy (say McCain) will say something nice about how one person handled something in his state, and the other guy will turn and bite the hand that just fed it. Not much of that happening really, just a bunch of Republican (can also be Democratic) Presidential hopefuls all making sure they each get in their potshots about the other candidates to make themselves look better. When I'm conscious, this is what I do all day: I watch TV.

I believe today is Thursday (American Idol results was last night, right?) and I've been in NIH all week with my temperature ranging from about 99.6 degrees to 102 degrees. I've also experienced flu-like chills and extreme heat where I had to ask for ice packs to make me feel better. I'm probably one of the only people who threw up after just looking at the NIH menu. It's true, I didn't order anything and the thought of eating made me hit the toilet. I've really, really struggled with eating, despite my good intentions because absolutely nothing sounded good; whereas last time I could eat applesauce. On Tuesday, Mom was supposed to be here between 9:30-10am while Mike went to work so I wanted to wait until she arrived so she could place my order in case I got sick looking at the menu again. However, she was a couple of hours late, so I finally gave the menu a quick scan because I knew where the Popsicles were, and placed the order. It was tough. I hid the menu immediately after I placed the order. I ate a lot of Popsicles on Tuesday and Wednesday but couldn't keep any mandarin oranges down.
Yesterday I ate most of my cream of wheat, so I've been making progress. I'm waiting this morning for breakfast to kind of cool down and see if I can eat a little bit more than yesterday. I actually feel a little hungry, which is progress indeed.

I also experienced my first blood transfusion yesterday because my hemoglobin was so low. It went well, but I was nervous about receiving blood. If you want to donate blood, donate through the Red Cross of come to NIH in Bethesda and donate to their blood bank - they need the blood too. You can even donate in my name at NIH.

Angela

No comments: