Sunday, May 27, 2007

Round Three Status

So far, round three is going just fine. The prednisone is giving me some appetite so I'm eating all the time and it feels really good to eat. I felt so good yesterday that I drove myself to NIH for my daily pit stop.

I've spent the last two days cleaning out my parent's house to get it ready for Dad's surgery on Thursday. If you've ever seen that television show, "Clean Sweep" where they clean two rooms of a cluttered house, that's what I've been doing. We hauled 21 bags of pure mixed paper to the recycling center since yesterday, much to Mom's dismay. She doesn't handle people coming in to clean her house very well, but it's absolutely necessary if we want Dad to be able to move in the house. What's bad is that we only cleaned the living and dining rooms and there's so much more we could do, but those are the most important rooms since Dad will be living on the first floor while he recuperates. What's amazing is that we can see the dining room table for the first time in years. We also cleaned off a small table and organized all of Mom's music so she can easily access it now. It's amazing what a difference we made.

I made dinner tonight for the first time in a long time - that's how good I'm feeling. Nothing fancy, just spaghetti and meatballs with garlic bread. Next week I'll feel really bad so I want to take advantage while I still feel good. I just hope I don't end up in the hospital next Sunday - that is my goal. I've already packed a bag full of pajamas in case I do go. I'd rather be prepared than try to pack a bag when my temperature's 104 degrees and I'm neutropenic. I tend to get really weak and cranky when that happens.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Eat eat eat!!!! Don't do anything else! Just pack on some pounds while your appetite is up.

Am crossing my fingers that you stay out of NIH this round.

Gila

Anonymous said...

Hi Angela,
This is Kim Dickey, your old Munchen roomie. Andi gave me your link and I have just spent the last hour reading your story. I can say I am walking in your shoes or walking with you. I just finished my last round of chemo. So we are bald sisters now. I would love to hear from you, we can swap stories and just catch up. My email is kkd1630@netzero.net.

Anonymous said...

Way to go lady. I'm very happy for you!!!! I'm glad to hear your doing better this time. I agree wih Gila EAT EAT EAT!! And ENJOY it. I'm also hoping next week goes better for you.

Paul

Anonymous said...

Since you're trying to put on some weight, perhaps you should start eating at Uno Chicago Grill. Take a look at this link for "nutritional" info.

http://www.unos.com/kiosk/nutritionUnos.html

Steve