Thursday, May 10, 2007

So Tired

I was so tired yesterday, I didn't even know Mike had posted on the blog. He was right, I was really wiped out yesterday. I'm still pretty fatigued today and I've really got to watch my fluid intake because this is what set me on my downward spiral last time. I'm feeling restless, but I'm tired. I don't even feel like watching tv or reading a book because I'm so tired I can't really focus on anything. I hope this gets better today or I may have to take a trip to the doctor's for some fluid. I hope not, but I'm going to keep an eye on myself today and call someone if I need to get to the doctor's office. I am not taking any chances.

My dad is having (or had by this time) an MRI on his leg. The orthopedic doctor thinks he may have torn his ACL, which may require surgery. At least we know why he's still in so much pain still and it probably explains why he passed out from the pain the day he fell down. I'm a little surprised that they didn't detect it at the ER. This can't be good for Dad - surgery. He needs to hang in there to get through that ordeal. We are both dealing with our worst nightmares - needles and blood!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Imagine this, cheesy frat boy movie-style...

CHUG, CHUG, CHUG, CHUG!

Drink up, we don't want you back in le hospital!

:-) Becky

Anonymous said...

Hmmmm....maybe you should actually get a keg? With a tap? That could be strategically placed so that the water falls directly into your mouth while you are lounging on the couch?

Not only will that keep you hydrated now, but once you are better, just fill that sucker with beer and party! (Gotta think of the possibilities).

Contact UMD--there has gotta to be a fraternity that would love to find an easy way of getting their community service stuff out of the way. "Donate your empty keg to a Cancer Patient"! Honestly, this could take off! :)

Bet they would even throw in a stylin' frat cap.

You know, maybe next year, when you are better, you can organize a group to do the 3 day walk in honor of your knocking out the cancer beast. I would come for that!

Gila

Jacki said...

Sorry you're feelin' so tired sweet cousin. My prayers and love are with you daily. Remember that, "Those who wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint" - Isaiah

This is a promise God makes, and a promise that has come true in my own life. I know it will come true for you, too! All we have to do it to wait. I know, I know, waiting can be super tough, especially when we're feeling poorly.

But soon, Angela, you'll not only not be tired, but have even more stamina than you've ever had in your life. God doesn't make a promise and not keep it, and all He requires is that we wait on Him!

Love from your cousin in Texas---Jacki

Anonymous said...

Gila suggested:

(Organizing) a group to do the 3 day walk in honor of your knocking out the cancer beast. I would come for that!

My understanding is that Angela was one of the people responsible for our Jaycee chapter being involved in relay for life. At a minimum, she's been one of the prime movers for keeping it going....

The three-day thing as a "talking it to the next level" deal is intriguing.

victory4angela said...

I've never done the 3 day walk (and now it might only be 2 days) because I didn't think, even when I was in my best shape that I could handle walking for 2-3 days!

I'll consider it for next year, though since they walked by NIH this year and I owe these people my life.