Monday, May 28, 2007

Last Day of Round Three - Tomorrow

This is Ron. I was joking with another friend last Monday about how I consider my chemo cycles like rounds on a boxing match - any chance I can get to knock Priscilla down for a TKO. I said that I needed someone to parade for me before each round like those girls do in a boxing match. Ron has this old elephant thong that he bought as a joke for a Jaycee convention a long, long time ago (that he always wears over shorts). He retired the elephant thong years ago, but I begged him to pose for me as my "ring dude" and his wife actually let him do it just for me. Ron came over to the house last week and we took some pictures. We even posed bald together (once I get those off my camera, I promise I'll post so you can all see me in my bald glory). So, here's to Ron and Round Three!

I found out today that I have another cancer sister and I'm sad to report that it's my old college roomie from Munich, Germany. Kim and I met freshman year when we shared an apartment together with six other girls. We were all 18 and now she's just finished her last round of chemo. We were so young and invincible and now we're "bald sisters" fighting the same disease. It never ceases to amaze me at the number of people I learn about who have or have had cancer. Kim, I'm glad you're done with chemo. I know you're still on your journey, but at least we can share thoughts and experiences so we are not alone. Keep fighting and keep facing your fears. Together, we are strong!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

With Friends like that Ron you have absolutely nothing to worry about. I would go for the straight KO instead of the tko.....
Paul

Anonymous said...

Oh, that elephant is just too...too...oh, I don't know what.

Hilarious! Thanks for the giggle and go get em tiger!

Gila

Anonymous said...

wow. just. wow.

Great to see you on friday!

Unknown said...

OMG, I had finally blocked that image out of my mind after it was seared into my brain sometime in 1999 or so.

But, then again, I guess that elephants never forget ... :-)

WashingtonGardener said...

I'm speechless...

Anonymous said...

Disturbing... very, very disturbing. I'm practically speechless.