Friday, February 27, 2009

Race Time

We thought our chance to run in the April 5th Cherry Blossom 5k/10m was gone: registration opened in December on the day we were on a plane to Texas. You have to register quick because it fills up within two hours sometimes. We found out that Meghan works at the credit union who's sponsoring the race and last week she got us and my acupuncturist and his wife entries into the race! So, we're running the Cherry Blossom with 5,000 of our closest friends. I hope it's not cold and rainy like last year. It's still a pretty course along the tidal basin and around the monuments, usually at the height of the cherry blossom "bloomage". Now I've got about 7 weeks to train for the race and hopefully knock another 30 seconds off my personal best (PB) time. (Oooh, I sound like a runner!)

Did you catch the Oscars? Me neither, but I've been catching up on the winners and the fashions. I heard Hugh Jackman did a good job (and looked awesome too). I haven't seen any of the movies but I'm hoping to at least catch "Slumdog" soon and maybe "Milk". The problem is Mike's not big on Oscar-type movies so I'll either have to see them on my own or grab someone on the planet who hasn't seen them besides me.

No comments: