Sunday, February 8, 2009

Spring has Sprung!

After our bitter cold weather last week, with snow and ice, we have some spring-like weather for the weekend. Temps were in the 40s/50s yesterday and lots of people took advantage of it and headed outdoors. I helped Jeff move stuff out of his house into storage so he and Kelli can sell it and buy a new house, now that they are newlyweds. He picked a great day for it because I didn't mind being outside for the 2 hours it took to help out. All I can say is Jeff has a LOT of heavy books.

Today was another nice day so Meghan and I joined Mike and his Road Runners group for a run on the Capital Crescent Trail in Bethesda. Meg and I aren't technically with the group, so we decided to start before the huge crowd started running at once. It was a beautiful day and thankfully since it was 8am when we started, all of the other runners, bicyclists, walkers, moms with strollers, and people with dogs weren't out on the trail (but there were quite a few). I've only been on the trail once before, but I heard it can get crazy. Bicycle police have been known to police the trail, giving out speeding tickets to bicyclists going too fast. Like I said, it was early so it was pretty peaceful out there. It's a beautiful trail that starts out in the heart of Bethesda and winds its way through the woods all the way into DC, but we didn't run that far - only 5 miles. Mike ran 10 so we waited for him back in town at Starbucks. How yuppie can you get - run down a trail and come back for a latte!

After we returned, I felt bad for not taking Riley for a walk yesterday so I took him out for a nice long walk that he thoroughly enjoyed. He sniffed every blade of grass and every pile of leaves. He met up with his doggie buddy, Maddie and a new lab/husky mix named Samantha. Being outside today, made me yearn for spring and planting flowers. I can't wait to get out there and dig. Now that we're back home, he's sleeping soundly (along with Mike!) I will probably sleep like a champ tonight! What a great day.

No comments: