Not all of 2007 was bad, even though it does seem that way. At Christmas, my brother-in-law, Brian said he went to Thanksgiving dinner at a friend’s house and their tradition is for each person around the table to say what he or she is thankful for. He said he was thankful for my health, and his statement nearly brought tears to my eyes.
It made me think of what I am thankful for and things I could really have done without this year.
I could have done without:
- Priscilla trying to kick my butt – she’s not a very nice tumor
- Many, many needle sticks to draw blood, IVs, etc. – NOT FUN
- Cancer touching the lives of friends
- Weight loss of nearly 25 lbs
- Losing all my darn long naturally curly hair
- Cousin Gina’s health problems
I am grateful and thankful for:
HAPPY NEW YEAR! May 2008 bring joy, happiness, and good health to all!
“Let us rise up and be thankful, for if we didn’t learn a lot today, at least we learned a little, and if we didn’t learn a little, at least we didn’t get sick, and if we got sick, at least we didn’t die; so, let us all be thankful.”
-Siddhartha (the founder of Buddhism)