Thursday, December 6, 2007

Walkin' In a Winter Wonderland

The ground outside is blanketed in white from our 3.5 inches of snow yesterday. I never believe the weather predictions, so when Riley and I went outside at 6am I was surprised to see tiny little flakes falling from the sky. It wasn't enough for me to worry about so I didn't watch the traffic report as closely as I should have. When we left for work nearly 40 minutes later, there was more snow on the roads than I expected. It turned out to be a nasty mess on the highway. We crawled down 270 for more than an hour and only made it about 5 miles before turning around to head home. The northbound side was much worse because there were fewer cars on the road and much more ice. I saw one car almost slide into the jersey wall simply because she changed lanes and started sliding. Once we got home, I was able to sit and enjoy the snow falling from the sky. It snowed all day, leaving us with a winter wonderland.

I will say one thing, all this snow has put me in the Christmas mood. One radio station plays Christmas music around the clock from Thanksgiving to Christmas day and I'm ready to listen to it now. I've heard the Chipmunk Song and I'm a happy girl! All I need now is Bing Crosby's White Christmas, Elvis' Blue Christmas, or Silent Night by almost any artist (I have to admit the Clay Aiken version I heard the other day was pretty good). It's hard not to have the Christmas spirit between the snow and Christmas decorations all around.

Christmas means so much more to me this year and I have been blessed with God's grace to be healthy once again. I continue to have small struggles, but each day I grow stronger and healthier and more able to do things I couldn't do even three months ago. I have gained nearly all of my weight lost (all of this holiday eating is helping). I could say several months ago that all I wanted for Christmas was my health back, and I am certainly on my way. It feels awesome.

Finally, if you want to see me dance, check out this link:
http://www.scroogeyourself.com/?id=1171437112
I laughed out loud when I saw it!

1 comment:

WashingtonGardener said...

I could only watch about 20 seconds of that Scrooge-dance - kinda creepy, but neat.