Saturday, June 5, 2010

Saturday Ramblings

The initial results from my EMG look good. Both the "zapper" technician and the "jab me with a needle" technician said everything looked good, but I have a follow-up appointment with the doctor on Thursday. My running coach suggested eating more leafy greens because maybe it's because I'm low on magnesium. I figured what the heck, eating more spinach can't hurt so I made spinach and artichoke heart stuffed calzone for lunch today (which was super delish) and a spinach steak salad with a side of my infamous stir-fry broccoli for dinner. My body is probably saying right now, "Woah! What's up with this healthy stuff?" I found out that my dog likes broccoli too. I gave him a piece that I was chopping and he scarfed it down so I gave him all the broccoli bottoms that I wasn't going to use. He loves carrots, apples, peaches, pears, and now broccoli.

I "ran" this morning. We did a test run of the course for our race on the 19th and I ended up walking most of the last half. The heat and humidity kicked my butt and I also got lost because my group ran ahead (not that I blame them at all) and the rest of the slower runners didn't catch up to me. I finally found a lady running the first part of the loop the other way and she gave me her map so I could find my way to the finish line. I am so frustrated that I couldn't run 3.2 miles since I just did 4 miles a couple of weeks ago. My race is in two weeks. This is not good. I'm getting up early tomorrow morning to run 20 minutes just to get back into gear. I also haven't been able to run regularly between working late hours and volleyball on Thursdays. So, I'm just gonna have to suck it up and get used to the heat/humidity and keep plugging away. I do NOT want to walk on race day. Plus, I'm planning on jumping into the 8k program and I won't be able to do that race if I can't finish a 5k.

No comments: