Friday, January 23, 2009

Sweet Carolina

We're roadtripping to Charlotte, North Carolina today with Melissa and Keith for Jeff and Kelli's wedding tomorrow. I've known Jeff for maybe seven years when we met at a volleyball clinic. The class was made up of who I dubbed "young people" (those under 20) and "old people" (those over 30), so I organized the +30s to work together and because we were better volleyball players too. Jeff's still laughs about me "flashing" him on the court - I was wearing a sports bra under my t-shirt and I didn't even lift my shirt all the way up. He thought it was funny and we've been friends ever since. I introduced him to the Jaycees (he became President a couple of years ago) and brought him along to another volleyball league (our team won a couple of seasons ago). He was single when I met him, then he met Kelli (through the Internet), and now they're tying the knot.

I'm looking forward to the trip and to finally seeing him get married. We've been bugging him for a while about when he was going to propose and he finally did only a few months ago. After honeymooning in St. John, they're going to settle in separate places for a while until they figure out where they're going to live. Jeff's job may tip the scales towards here. Kelli has lots of family and friends in NC so this will be a difficult choice. I wish the best for both of them. I better go finish packing so we can hit the road!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So how was the wedding?