Wednesday, November 21, 2007

So Thankful

As Thanksgiving 2007 approaches, I am both reflective and grateful for my recent good news. I am so grateful for family and good friends who have struggled with me, cheered me on, supported me, and came to my aid whenever Mike or I needed a hand. You all have been amazing and for that I am thankful. I am also thankful for the strangers and store clerks who have stopped to talk with me, provide encouragement, or offer their own stories of courage and hope.

Mike is so amazing. He planned a surprise party for me last Friday to celebrate my good news and went to several extremes to plan it, including "accidentally" forgetting his cell phone in his truck when we dropped it off last week to hook up the snow plow equipment so he could call my relatives. Melissa came over Friday to "watch a movie" when suddenly other people just "showed up." I was especially surprised and touched that Grandma Erickson came with Aunt Anne because she doesn't like to travel or be out too late at night. Mike organized people to bring over platters of food, beverages, bags of ice, and a cake for me. We celebrated the good news until late Friday night. I wonder what he'll do for my 6-month checkup? :)

No comments: